KEEPTHEBEAT Cycling Club
Welcome to Keepthebeat Cycling. The following information is an introduction to the club, our aims and activities.
Origins And Purpose Of The Club
‘Keepthebeat Cycling’ is a cycling club founded in 2012 by Darren Earp, Adam Tansey and Steve Green. The formation came from both a desire to raise awareness of the Keepthebeat charity (of which Adam is a founder and trustee) and as a vehicle to allow participation in, and promotion of cycling events whether recreational or competitive. We aim to ensure that the club has a strong connection with members and that the members feel actively engaged in the clubs activities. In keeping with this ethos, we expect new members to join us in occasional rides and social events.
One of the reasons for founding the club was to raise awareness of the Keepthebeat charity, hence the club name partly shares the charity name.
What We Do
We are active in both competitive and non-competitive rides, we take part in a number of sportives and charity rides each year and some of us participate in racing.
Keepthebeat Cycling is affiliated to the following governing bodies for our sport;
- British Cycling (BC): road racing, track racing, cyclo cross and mountain bike racing.
- Cycling Time Trials (CTT): time trialling.
Meetings & Communications
All members will be informed of general meetings, events and social activities via email. We will also use this Facebook page to keep members up to speed.
Membership of the Club shall be open to anyone interested in the purposes of the Club but their application for membership must be agreed by all of the Club Committee members.
The Club has two classes of membership;
- Subscription fee £20.
- Entitled to ride (in the name of the club) in any cycling related event including those governed by the rules of ‘paid for’ affiliations such as British Cycling (BC) and Cycling Time Trials (CTT).
- Entitled to discounted participation in all Keepthebeat Cycling promoted events (discounts to be determined ad-hoc by event organisers).
- Entitled to discounts on clothing and ad-hoc goods bought by the Club.
- Eligible to purchase special edition clothing.
- Entitled to attend Club meetings.
- Eligible to become a Club Committee member.
- Subscription fee £10.
- Entitled to ride (in the name of the club) in any cycling related event excluding those governed by the rules of ‘paid for’ affiliations such as British Cycling (BC) and Cycling Time Trials (CTT).
The subscription fees for both classes of membership must be paid to the Club Treasurer before any participation in club activities.
The Club Committee may remove membership, only for good cause such as conduct or character likely to bring the Club, sport or Keepthebeat charity into disrepute. Appeal against refusal or removal may be made to an appointed panel consisting of club members.