KEEPTHEBEAT is over a period of time hoping to improve the information available to patients and their families at the point of diagnosis and beyond. Much of the information available is very difficult to find, particularly at an early point of diagnosis, when you often have little or no understanding of your childs condition, treatments and prognosis. We hope to use our own personal experiences to help and give hope to others.
We aim to do this by:
- Developing this website to provide a network of contacts and information resources that help give a better understanding of congenital heart defects
- Providing easy to understand details of the type of surgery that takes place, an overview of the medical system, the medical professionals involved and ongoing care that is necessary for these special children
- Developing the network to give easy access to information about associated topics that can affect cardiac kids, such feeding issues and general lifestyle adjustments.
- Giving you support and information of what it’s like being a parent of a child with Cardiac defects by sharing ours and others experiences, good and bad.
Over the coming years we aim to:
- Make our website a reliable source of information for cardiac children and all those involved in their care.
- Donate learning materials, toys and equipment to the Cardiac Wards to make the extended periods in hospital the best experience possible
- Create branded merchandise to promote the charity, raise funds and increase awareness of congenital heart defects
- Ideally we would like to provide financial support to parents who are in need due to extended stays in hospital